What are we getting up to in 2024? Learn about our goals and how we plan to support the LGBTQ+ Community throughout this year.
Incorporating all the valuable feedback and insights from our last Community Survey, we've now set out our plans and ambitions as an organisation, and as a collective, for 2024...
1. Build Networks & Strengthen Relationships
We hope to grow and strengthen the WCS global intra-community network - building connections and relationships through the hosting of more FREE networking events and experiences – bringing together both international community activists and corporate professionals in shared spaces, both virtual and in-person.
- In-person events in London, UK, Barcelona and other cities.
- Casual meet-ups and fun-focused meet-ups.
- Q&As, debates and interactive learning sessions.
- More workshops and skills development events.
- Launch a WCS Community Digital Platform to connect people beyond events.
2. Improve LGBTQ+ Wellbeing & Mental Health
Organise wellness-oriented classes, and activities to enhance the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of community members. As well as provide smaller group settings for people to get to know each other better.
3. Increase Diversity & Representation
As we expand our team and grow our community networks, we want to make sure that WCS is a progressive, inclusive and attractive organisation to work for, collaborate with and be a part of.
- Even more representation from speakers and community members across certain identity groups, age-ranges, languages, and continents.
- Events inclusive of a wider / older audience demographic.
- Identify more Queer Charity Partners and Social Enterprises for WCS to support and collaborate with.
4. Nurture Queer Leaders & Change-Agents
We will continue to help LGBTQ+ people around the world access a sustainable path to Queer Leadership, career and professional development.
- Build an archive of FREE reliable educational information for our community members.
- Host more online webinars and panels (Queer Perspectives and Queer Leadership 101).
- Organise leadership workshops to upskill and develop community members.
5. Develop Meaningful Commercial Partnerships
We’ll be further enhancing our DEI services and establishing longer-term partnerships with our global network of corporate clients. This will allow us to continue…
- Advocating for LGBTQIA+ inclusion in the workplace.
- Creating more paid work opportunities for our global collective of change-makers.
- Connecting grass-roots community leaders with corporate organisations; creating space for new perspectives and conversations.
- Raising money to fund all our free events, content, resources and development opportunities for our global community.
6. Build Intra-Community Connection & Allyship:
We want to improve and develop our own online learning platform. We hope for WCS to remain a high-quality source for FREE Queer Allyship info and tools.
- Be even more intentional and intersectional with our programming and Allyship content, covering topics that matter most to our community, and creating meaningful resources that support individuals with strengthening their role as change agents within their own communities or organisations.
- Continue to advocate for holistic approaches to activism and learning.
While you're here...
Did you know we consult with Businesses, ERGs and Change-Leaders providing bespoke corporate solutions? Through consultancy we design shared learning experiences, produce DEI insights and craft bespoke content that support individuals with strengthening their roles as change-agents within their communities and organisations. Find out more here.
We also organise FREE community events throughout the year! We offer a variety of ways to get involved - both online and in person. This is a great way to network and learn more about others' experiences, through in-depth discussion on an array of topics. You can find out what events we have coming up here. New ones are added all the time, so make sure you sign up to our newsletter so you can stay up to date!